Saturday, January 17, 2009

Episode #21 – Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki (OVA 1)

21 - Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki (OVA 1)

Originally recorded January 10, 2009.

Sweet. Tenchi Muyo! Like many of the listeners I’m sure, this was one of the first anime that I saw as a kid in which I knew it came from Japan. It’s a show with a rather simple premise. Tenchi discovers a tomb in a forbidden cave. He releases the space pirate Ryoko from her sleep. Soon after, different characters, such as the Juraian princesses Ayeka and Sasami, arrive on earth in order to capture Ryoko. This review covers the original six-episode ova, which more or less, covers the introductory part of the series.

What’s New this Week
Ryan: MTV's "Otaku Week", recordings from Otakon (videos)
Ging: Streaming second Gurren Lagann movie teaser
Nam: Go buy Gunbuster vs. Diebuster on Blu-ray

Download Podcast (Right Click: Save as)

Opening song: Kuusou Runba by Kenji Otsuki and Zetsubou Shoujo-tachi
Transition: Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Opening
Ending Song: Kagami no Naka no Actress (Actress in the Mirror) by Nakahara Meiko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I do a anime podcast at www.anime82.blogpsot.com
my name is Regan Strongblood,I just found your show and really dig it!!

Anyhow I will add a link on my blogspot to your show.

regards
Regan