Monday, February 9, 2009

Ryan Reviews: Clannad ~After Story~ Ep 17

Ushio so CUUUTEEE

Hi, hi! I’m back again with another look on ~After Story~’s latest episode. As the story progresses it becomes harder and harder to talk about the show without spoiling it. I will be talking about things that occurred in the episode so it’s best if you’ve seen every episode before this one. So if you haven’t seen episode 16, it would be in your interest to go watch it before reading this.

Launch ahead 5 years after the birth of Ushio. Tomoya is mindlessly slaving away at work and is not surprisingly beginning to look more and more like his own father. Ushio appears to have been taken in by Sanae and Akio because Tomoya is in no shape to raise a little girl. On a normal basis I’m not a fan of time-skipping in anime but I think it worked well here for ~After Story~. I thought the relationship/chemistry between Ushio and Tomoya was demonstrated well. It wasn’t too awkward, and it definitely wasn’t too comfortable either. Her shy attitude captures the innocence of a 5 year old perfectly well. I think I was expecting Tomoya to hate Ushio a little but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I heard somebody complaining how ~After Story~ is currently following the awful Toei Clannad movie. WELL OF COURSE IT IS! It’s based on the same freaking visual novel. Now I admit I’ve never seen the movie but I have heard nothing but bad things about it so I’m going to be staying away from it. I’m pretty sure the execution and pace of the events is very different in the series then it is from the movie. Well anyway, that’s it for this week. Looking forward to the next episode of ~After Story~ as always!

-Ryan

shot01

ahot07

shot14

shot12

shot15

shot02

No comments: