Monday, November 24, 2008

Ryan Reviews: Clannad ~After Story~ Ep 8

shot12

Clannad is no doubt one of the finest series out this fall. I say this because it always manages to exceed the expectations I set for the show. Indeed, like I had hoped, Clannad takes what seemed like the cliche story of the rivaling gangs with the girl in the middle and tells the story in a fashion that draws me in. I might be overselling it a bit, but it’s a show every one should give a try at least once in their spare time.

This weeks wraps up the arc aforementioned in my previous post with nothing less than satisfying results. Yukine is indeed made a more interesting character and as you can see in the above screen shot the main characters get some more air-time actually doing things. I think we are also getting ever so closer to unveiling the mystery of the illusionary world with the girl and the robot. If I had to complain about one thing in this episode it’s the style of animation they use in the fight scenes, character detail drops in favor of slightly more fluid movement. A minor complaint I suppose, seeing as how the fight doesn’t last that long and it’s not what Clannad is about. At any rate, I know now I want even more Clannad. The preview for the next episode suggests interesting events involving our main hero Tomoyo. It should prove interesting but as always we’ll have to wait to see.

Well that wraps this up. Laters!

shot01

shot06

shot04

shot08

shot09

shot11

No comments: